This Silk Route package is short and includes overnight stay at Sillerygaon (1N) or Aritar (1N) and Zuluk (2N).
Pickup at NJP early in the morning and transfer to Sillerygaon, a distance covered in about 3.5 to 4 hrs. Situated at an altitude of 6,000 ft, Sillerygaon is a village of not more than 32 families and that too in the middle of a jungle. This place is being proclaimed as the New Darjeeling because of its beautiful view of the Kanchendzonga. Its serene atmosphere is an invitation to run away from the hum and din of the city. Rest of the day is to soak in the beauty of Sillerygaon.
Visit the Ramitay view point, Tinchuley view point, Silent Valley and the Damsang Fort ruins. All these places can be hiked/trekked and no vehicle is required to visit these places. Ramitay view point offers the longest view of River Teesta with approximately 14 turns. Thereafter you can trek to Damsang Fort as well as the Silent valley. Rest of the day at leisure at Sillerygaon.
After breakfast, leave for Zuluk. Visit the Aritar/Lampokhari lake and enjoy paddle boating in the placid waters of the lake (Optional and own cost) and do a Parikrama of this Holy Lake. Thereafter, stop at Rongli for Restricted Area Permit. On the way see the Kuekhola Falls. Pass through Lingtam, Padamchen to reach Zuluk. If you so wish, you can visit the Shivalaya Baba Mandir (No vehicle required). Enjoy the sunset at Zuluk from Balasiur sunset point (Walkable distance, no vehicle required) Overnight at Zuluk/Padamchen.
Sunrise viewing activity (Only if weather is expected to be clear): Start at 3:30 - 4:00 a.m and leave for Sunrise from the Ganek View point/Lungthung. Enjoy the morning glory of the Kanchendzonga change from Golden to silver and thereafter enjoy the view the Sunrise over the Bhutan hills, a unique view, comparable to the best Sunrise anywhere in India.
Note: Sunrise Cost is not included in the package and is extra payable on the spot, only if sunrise trip is availed. The cost of Sunrise is Rs.1500 for the entire vehicle.
Return to Zuluk after viewing sunrise and after breakfast, follow the Silk Route Trail. Enjoy the beauty of Thambi View point, Laxmi Chowk, Tukla Kalapokhari, Tukla Baba Mandir, Tukla valley, Jelepla Pass View Point and reach Kupup. Don’t miss the Hathi Pokhari Lake. At Kupup, see the World’s highest Golf course, the Yak Golf Course at 13025 ft (Guinness Book of World Records acclaimed), the Ice Hockey ground and the young Husband’s Track. Thereafter move on to Gnathang. Gnathang or Gnathang Valley is popularly called the “The Ladakh of East India”. Rest of the day is at leisure at Zuluk.
After breakfast start your journey for the last leg of your Silk Route trail to Reshikhola via Aritar. On your return, you would stop at Lampokhari Lake or the Aritar Lake. You can enjoy paddle boating (Optional and Own Cost) in the placid waters of the lake and do a Parikrama of this Holy Lake. Alternately, you can visit the Mankhim Temple and enjoy the view of the Kanchendzonga as well as the Lampokhari Lake from there. Reach Reshikhola, in about 2.5 to 3 hrs.
Walk across the bamboo bridge to reach your cottage. Enjoy this lovely picnic spot on the bank of the Reshikhola. Walk up the Parvateshwar Shivalaya Mandir (visible from the cottage on top of a small cliff and involves climbing about 200 stairs). Rest of the day is at leisure at Reshikhola
After breakfast, check out from Reshikhola and drive to to catch your Train / Flight for onward journey. Tour ends with Sweet memories.
• Accommodation at designated resort/hotel/homestays.
• Food. (4 Breakfast + 4 Lunch + 4 Evening Snacks + 4 Dinner) for 04 nights.
• Exclusive Non AC vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please note that vehicle will not be at your disposal, but will be made available as per itinerary only.
• Hotel taxes and Service Charges
• Restricted Area Permits.
• Travel and personal Insurance.
• Room heater Charges. A room heater, if required, is available upon extra payment. Rates vary from Rs.200 – Rs.400 per night. Cost of the same is not included in the package and payable on the spot.
• Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips. Liquor, boating & joy rides.
• Any other item not specified in “Cost Includes”, optional or unspecified activities.
• Additional sightseeing or usages of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
• Tips at hotels or to vehicle driver.
• Any cost arising due to illness or out of any natural calamities like, landslides, earthquakes, flood or as a result of road blocks, Bandhs, strikes etc. (Extra Costs of transport as well as hotel charges have to be borne by the tourists directly on the spot). India Beacons Sojourn will not be in any way be liable/responsible for any tourists missing their flight due to any unavoidable circumstances like traffic jams or any act beyond the control of India Beacons Sojourn. We shall, in no way, be liable for any refund for such an act.
• Any increase in taxes or fuel, leading to increase in surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
• Camera fee (still or movie)
a) If written intimation is received at least 30 days or more in advance from the date of the START OF TOUR PACKAGE, then 30% of Total Bill amount will be charged as cancellation fees.
b) If written intimation is received within a period of 29 days and 15 days of the date of the START OF TOUR PACKAGE, 50% of the Total Bill will be charged as cancellation Fees.
c) No refund is allowed if written intimation of cancellation is received within 14 days of date of the START OF TOUR PACKAGE. d) If the tour gets cancelled or becomes impossible to conduct within a period of less than a month from the START OF TOUR PACKAGE, as a result of any natural calamity like flood, earthquakes, cyclones etc. beyond the control of India Beacons Sojourn, India Beacons Sojourn will not refund any amount whether accepted by way of any advance or the full payment as the case may be. e) No amount will be refunded if the tour is cancelled in apprehension of any natural calamity or as a result of any Bandhs, strikes, spread of epidemic, non issue of Restricted Area Permits, riots etc, beyond the control of India Beacons Sojourn.